The Cold Regions Research Centre invites CRRC-affiliated graduate students to apply for an open position to join our Early Career Researcher Leadership Team.
Position: Social Media and Communications Coordinator
Duration: May 1, 2022 –April 30, 2023 (renewable)
- Manage all communications for the ECR Leadership Team, including emails and social media posts about CRRC events, funding opportunities,conferences, professional development workshops, etc.
- Work with the CRRC directorto maintain the mailing list of CRRC-affiliated students, faculty and other contacts.
- Maintain regular activity and attract followers to the ECR’s social media (currentlyTwitter).
- Collaborate with CRRC and ECRleadership to develop a communications and social media strategy, and to implement those parts of the strategy related to the ECR community, including potentially establishing a presence on other social media platforms beyond twitter.
- Work with the CRRC Director and members of the ECR Leadership Team to organize events and initiatives.
- Pursuinga graduate degree at Laurier with a focus on cold regions research.
- Proficiency in the use ofemail programs such as Microsoft outlookand Gmail.
- Proficiency in the use of Twitter. Knowledge of other social media,such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc.,is considered an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Experiencemanaging social media for an organization is an asset.
Application requirements and deadline:
Applications should include your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
Please submit your applications to email@example.com by April 30, 2022.
Note: This is an unpaid position, considered to be scholarly service